Why we might have your policy

We’ve bought blocks of business from several providers over the years, including Guardian Financial Services, HSBC, Barclays Life, Alico, National Mutual (Tomorrow) and Old Mutual Wealth Life Assurance (previously Skandia).

Think you might have a ReAssure policy?

If you think you have a ReAssure policy then you should call us, or write to us and we can check your details against our records.

If you think you have other policies where you don’t know who they’re now with, there are a number of things you can do. Some of these things you can do yourself, but there are also free and paid-for services that can help you.

See if you’ve got any documents relating to old policies. If you find anything which shows that you might have an old policy, contact the scheme administrator (for a workplace pension) or the provider (for life policies and personal pensions) to find out what they’re worth.

If the contact details are out-of-date, your previous employer or provider might have changed name, or office address, or been acquired by another company. A quick search on the internet may find the new contact details.

The Government’s Pension Tracing Service will search for both workplace and personal pensions. All you have to do is fill in an online form. If the search finds anything, you’ll then need to contact the scheme administrator or provider yourself for further details about the pension.

MoneyHelper has put together some helpful information for consumers trying to trace lost pensions here

If you’re looking for a bank, building society, or National Savings and Investments (NS&I) investments, you can use mylostaccount.org.uk who will take your details and complete the search for you.

For unit trusts you can contact the Investment Association, and if you’re looking for an investment trust you should speak to the Association of Investment Companies.

The Unclaimed Assets Register (UAR) is where companies list assets they cannot trace. If you had an old life policy or pension, and the provider or scheme administrator was unable to find you, they may have listed your pension’s assets in the UAR.