We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 December 2011. This policy was reviewed on 27 June 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- The main reasons we may collect the information is to allow us to understand who has visited our pages and how frequently. We may store the information we collect from you on our systems and use this to contact you to provide further information where requested.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked for information on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at ReAssure Limited, Windsor House, Telford Centre, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 4NB.
We will not sell, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. We will require verification of your identity and a small fee will be payable.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Data Protection Officer, ReAssure Limited, Windsor House, Telford Centre, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 4NB. However there is an exemption about certain data that may be harmful or cause distress. Therefore, we will only provide such information to your Doctor and they will decide whether or not it should be passed on to you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible at the above address. We will correct any information found to be incorrect.
Data Protection Statement
If you have or apply for one of our products or services, your personal data is treated as confidential and held and used for general business purposes, in particular to set up and administer your policy. Your data may also be used:
- to update any existing information we hold and for research and statistical analysis.
- when we feel that a service or product offered by us, or a selected third party may benefit you. To make you aware of the service or product we may contact you by post, telephone or other electronic media to give you details so that you can make an informed choice. You can choose not to receive marketing and can tick the relevant box on the application form when you apply for a product, or by writing to us at ReAssure Limited, Windsor House, Telford Centre, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 4NB.
- to provide some of your personal information to third parties, which help us to maintain and develop Company Applications or assist in the delivery of specific services to you. Information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose. Where we disclose information to third parties we require them to have appropriate measures to protect this information and fully comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- for the prevention of crime, fraud and money laundering;
- for purposes of identity verification via electronic reference agencies, who may keep a record of the data.
Your personal data will only be disclosed to other ReAssure group companies, its agents and their subcontractors, or selected third parties where there is a legitimate reason to do so.
It may also be necessary, for the above purposes, to transfer your information to any country, including those outside the European Economic area. In such circumstances, we will require organisations to which we pass your information to treat it with the same level of protection as if we were dealing with it, and for suitable safeguards to be in place so your information is protected at all times.