P60 Frequently asked questions

We’ve provided answers to questions that we’re often asked by customers about their P60.

When will I receive my P60?

You should receive your P60 between late April and the end of May. If you haven’t received it by 31 May, you can get in touch with us and we’ll check to see what’s happened.

Please note that if you’ve recently moved house then your P60 may have been sent to your old address.

What are P60s?

A P60 can also be referred to as a Tax Voucher, Tax Statement or Annual Tax Certificate. We send them every year to customers who have received a taxable income from us. It shows your final tax code, total income and tax deductions for the previous tax year. You should keep your P60 safe, as it may be useful in future if you are asked to prove your earnings or are asked questions about tax.

Not sure about your tax code or status?

If you have any queries about the amount of tax you’ve been deducted, your tax code or tax status, you should contact HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) by calling their helpline on 0300 200 3300. Please make sure you have your National Insurance number ready before calling. Alternatively, you can visit their website.

Why am I being taxed for the lump sum/arrears payments that have been made recently?

This may have happened because your usual payments are below your monthly tax allowance. However, the extra money that was recently paid took you over your monthly allowance, which meant tax had to be taken off.

I think I’ve paid too much or too little tax. How can I get this corrected?

HMRC will be in touch with you automatically and will explain what you need to do. If they do not get in touch then you should contact them on 0300 200 3300.

ReAssure is not able to issue tax refunds or claim underpayments.

Why am I now being taxed when I wasn’t before?

We receive your tax code from HMRC, which determines how much tax you pay. If you think your current tax code is incorrect, you’ll need to check with HMRC as we can only accept and implement tax code changes on their instruction.

Why have you not applied my new tax code?

If you think that we’re using the wrong tax code then we can look into this. We’ll need to see a copy of the tax coding notice you should have received from HMRC. If you don’t have a tax coding notice you’ll need to ask HMRC for another one.